Here are the ten top things to love about summer:
1. No papers to correct.
2. No papers to correct!!!!
3. I can sleep till whatever time I want!
4. I can sit in a chair and read a whole book...start to finish!
5. I don't have to plan for anyone else...well maybe dinner, but that's all!
6. I can wear the same pair of shorts for days and not even think about tomorrow's outfit!
7. I can go hours without telling anybody what to do...Mr. Lynch acts up once in a while, just to make sure I stay in practice!
8. I live in the adult world...but I don't have to act my age.
9. I can spend an entire day listening to the birds and staring at the clouds, hanging out in the outside world.
10. I look around all the time, and realize just how lucky I am!
And...an unofficial addition--just because I'm not supposed to be thinking about all you guys at school, doesn't mean that I don't--I can laugh out loud sometimes at all the funny things that happened this past year, and nobody thinks I'm crazy. In fact, I have the job that keeps on giving...I see you guys sometimes at stores and church, and I just feel darn proud of the time we spent together.
I miss you Spot. Don't you think for one moment that I've forgotten you! But I'm loving this summer furlough!! And to all the people out there who are jealous of us teachers--I promise
I won't say "nana-nana-boo-boo!"...except of course to the Sarge, my old school secretary who is merciless about how EASY us teachers have it! We put our time in...listenin' to all your barking, watching you wiggle all over the place and correcting...correcting, oh my gosh, for HOURS and full weekends at a time! So, do we deserve this? Well, you betcha! ;) (And now let's just hope that girl takes a permanent vacation!)